Thursday, December 8, 2011

Stocking Holders - December 2011

Here's the how to on the stocking holders...  As I had said I went neutral with mine so I could reuse it in the kitchen as a recipe holder....however I may change my mind.. I love the neutral but not so much on my mantle right now...  So lets see!

Supply list:
two- 2 x 6 boards cut at 9" each  (if you are using the metal plate)(( however you can make them smaller add a piece of glass held in by screws on the top bottom and sides. ))
A finial or not for the top
A drawer pull for the front or a hook
A piece of galvanized metal.  I found these in the plumbing section of HD.  I will go back  and get a more definitive title..
The metal already has 6 holes in it so you will need 6 -1/2" screws.
Wood glue - you know I love liquid nail or gorilla wood glue

Instructions: 



I got new clamps!  Oh the things that make me happy! :)

Have Home Depot or Lowes cut your board for you.  Remember the cut bin in the back of HD, usually you can find 2x6s for 51 cents!
Find the center of your bottom piece and make it.  I used a nail to help hold the knob on so I wouldn't have to hold it.
Glue your top piece on about in the middle of your bottom piece. 
Let it dry.
I suggest drilling a hole in the top for the finial but if you don't have a drill use a nail to at least start the hole.
Glue on your knob and your finial.
Paint.
Now add your metal plate and you are done!


No comments:

Post a Comment